Thai Veg Stir Fried
serves 4 Prep 5 min total time 20 min
- Ready in just 20 minutes
- Made with everyday staple foods
- Super customizable & great for meal prep
- Budget-friendly beginner recipe
- Low in calories yet filling
- Completely oil-free
- Bursting with flavor & nutrients
- 1 medium kabocha squash, cubed (butternut or any variety you find)
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced (140 g)
- 1 cup baby corn
- 1 medium broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 oz sugar snap peas (115 g)
- ⅔ cup firm tofu (150 g)
- 2 scallions, diced
- ⅓ cup veggie broth (80 ml)
Stir Fry Sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- ⅓ cup water (80 ml)
- Pinch of chili powder
- Thai basil
- Brown rice, cooked
- Put all of the sauce ingredients into a jar, close with a lid and shake well.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and put them in a bowl. Drizzle with stir fry sauce, coat evenly and set aside to marinate.
- Put a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add the cubed winter squash and a splash of water or cooking oil Cook for around 5 minutes until it has slightly softened, then add the rest of the vegetables together with the veggie broth.
- Sauté everything for about 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Finally, add the marinated tofu in the stir fry sauce to the pan and cook for 4-5 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once the veggies have become tender-crisp, remove from heat and divide them into serving bowls. Take a small bite and adjust the taste to your liking.
- Serve your vegetable stir-fry with brown rice and top with Thai basil and cashews.
- Enjoy warm or let cool and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days and reheat in a microwave at your convenience.